Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Coastal Walk @ Bondi Beach

When it comes to finding parking space, I remember I always tell Lern, "this one so far leh" or "HARR...park nearer la!" or "why not you drop me at the entrance first and then you park further away?" Generally, girls don't walk *to make myself feel that I'm not the only one" I always give up on walking, I would rather take taxi or hop into someone's car to reach a kilometre away destination. Till I came to Sydney last year, friends have been telling me, "YOU NEED TO WALK!" So when in Rome, do as Romans do. People here prefer walking, I need to walk as well :)

The Bondi to Coogee Walk is a popular coastal walk offering beautiful coastline vistas, cosy beaches and cafe strips for refuelling. It is 6kms long which passes by 4 beaches, Bondi, Bronte, Tamarama and Coogee and takes about 2 hours to complete at a good pace without too many stops for a drink or swim. It's freaking 2 hours my friend, so my advise is not to stop else you would probably take up to half a day. I reckon the locals prefer to make the walk twice as in walk back to bondi beach. My advise is to take a bus to bondi beach. I kid you not, my legs ached the next day.

Bondi to Coogee walk is very easygoing, and you don't need to many intensive preparation. The walk is well sign posted, it's pathways all the way so you can't really get lost.

Coastal Walk
Started our coastal walk from Bondi Beach at 3.45pm.

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk
Xin Yee and her surfer boy

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk
We didn't manage to snap pictures of Bronte and Tamarama as we kept walking hoping we can reach our destination asap! (maybe it was just me cause I can't walk with my boots. It was a mistake! I refused to join initially but was pulled by Joe)

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk
An evidence to prove that we'd actually walked!

Coastal Walk

Coastal Walk
Mission accomplished! We arrived Coogee beach at 6p.m when the sky was almost dark.

Since Bondi Beach is one of Australia's most famous beaches and among the world's most well-known beaches, I decided to bring my very important guests to here again :)

SYD_011
Bondi Beach (pronounced "BOND-eye", or /'bɒndaɪ/) is a popular beach and the name of the surrounding suburb in Sydney. Bondi Beach is located 7 kilometres east of the Sydney central business district, in the local government area of Waverley Council, in the Easter Suburbs. Just before you travel to Bondi Beach, remember to drop by Bondi Junction for shopping first. *I know I shoudn't mention any shopping here*

SYD_033
"Bondi" is an Aboriginal word meaning water breaking over rocks or noise of water breaking over rocks.

SYD_005
The weather was surprisingly great despite it rained almost everyday before their arrival, but it was surprisingly HOT as well. Can you see the sunlight?

SYD_009

SYD_006

SYD_008

SYD_007

SYD_012
Bondi Icebergs Winter Swimming Club. Swim next to the beach could be pretty amazing, but I never want to swim during winter. This is crazy okay!

SYD_015

SYD_016

SYD_017

SYD_019

SYD_021

SYD_025

SYD_028

SYD_026

SYD_029
Mr Jun unintentionally left my portrait lens at home and so I had to depend on my lens kit to snap something I really like to do.

After several trials....

"Wei Cheng, turn your head!" and I snapped!

*taddddaaaaahhhh*

SYD_030
Credit to me. Hehehehe. This is my favourite photo anyway :)

SYD_032
But this one fail miserably :P

SYD_018

Anyway, I'm writing this post at earth-shattering speed so that I could catch up with my hk series which has been stored in my hard disk for ages :P

And finally I can lie on my bed, munching chips, and watch TeeVee. Muahahahaha :D

p/s: Counting down to 5 days!

0 comments:

 
design by ai mei