Friday, April 17, 2009

Mission : Har mee a.k.a Prawn mee!

It has been months since I last ate Prawn Mee and I could still remember the last time I had prawn mee was when I secretly grabbed a quick bite and a spoon of soup from Kim Leong’s Prawn mee. One word, SHIOOOOK! Since I could hardly get the chance to eat the authentic Prawn Mee in Sydney (maybe there are but I do not know where) I challenged myself by putting the all my effort to cook Prawn Mee for Alice (my housemate from HK) as she doesn’t know how does Prawn Mee from Malaysia taste like.

First and for all, I know nuts about boiling the soup so I head down to any asian shop nearby to grab a packet of Prawn Mee Paste. With it, there’s nothing could be easier than this. Trust me!

Honestly, I heart Tean's Gourmet alot. This brand is originated from Klang, the place I was born and famous for Bah kut teh of course. I got to know this brand when Shan and I found the Asam Fish Paste at Oriental Randwick someday.


THE ORGASMIC PASTE! *Highly recommended!*


The ingredients are chicken slices, shrimp, hard-boiled eggs, crab stick and. *Notice that we did not add vege as we left broccoli only*


Discard the prawn heads and shells


Get a hard-boiled egg first.


Heat the water and add in the paste. I added half of the packet since Alice can’t take any spicy.


Continue boiling for 15 minutes until the ingredients are thoroughly cooked.


Happy me :)



Alice, my guinea pig.

It's recommended to sprinkle with shallot crisps to have better taste(I did not take a picture of it cause it was burnt =P)



Will you drool for this?

3 comments:

D said...

YUMMM!! Looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

I have used the same prawn noodle paste here in the USA. Brought it back from home.

Ai Mei said...

D : Will cook for you when you come over here :)

Calvin : Yeah. I discovered it here first then only realized they are sold in M'sia when my sis bought it.

 
design by ai mei