Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sun May Hiong Satay House

Just before heading back to down under, Lern and I went down to Malacca with an objective, to hunt local delicacies out of Malacca city . Courtesy to Lern's Malaccan friend Jade, we managed to locate those places efficiently. Together with the help of PAPAGO!, our trip went pretty smoothly! *except getting trapped in looooong jam!*

F_010
This is a sign of satay, duh!

We felt extremely excited to kickstart the trip by feeding our tummy with porky porky satay, not cereal nor milk that makes your breakfast a dull moment. Sun May Hiong Satay House was highly recommended by Jade although it was overrated at the same time.

Ketupat & Satay Sauce

The usual ketupat and sliced cucumber were the starter accompanied by their specialty satay sauce. The satay sauce is well-blended with minimal amount of pineapple that creates a very distinctive sweet and spicy taste. It wasn't the usual satay sauce but the combination was still up to par. The worst satay sauce I've ever tried was in Sydney. Honestly speaking, it tasted really really bad. The combination was sambal and peanut butter sauce so try it at your own risk!

F_007

F_009

This aromatic meat has a crisp, slightly burnt edge and fatty lard in between.Once dipped in the specialty sauce, I could instantly finished in two mouthfuls. The meat was succulent and flavourful and not forgetting it was addictive. Lern and I had the first 20 sticks and it went higher and higher after constantly being refilled by the staff. Priced at 60cent each, so give me a reason for stop eating it as you could hardly get cheap satay skewer in Sydney.

Sun May Hiong Satay House
50/50A, Jalan Kota Laksamana 1/1, Taman Kota Laksamana, 75200, Melaka

5 comments:

Veronica Foon said...

my stomach growls when i read this entry. >.<

how are you btw? =)

Ai Mei said...

swee wen, make sure you don't read my blog when you're feeling hungry!

I'm doing good here. What about you? Done with studies already?

Unknown said...

lol, i like seeing all the food pictures!

I'm good too, haven't done with studies yet. =)

and i'm hungry again, don't even dare to click your blog's link. =(

Ai Mei said...

And so do I. Food pictures always make me go gaga!

Well when I'm hungry, I have more inspiration to write but the photos always make me drool! damn

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

 
design by ai mei