Saturday, September 11, 2010

Löwenbräu Keller, The Rocks

Do you people live to eat or eat to live? Or rather do you sleep till you're hungry or eat till you're sleepy? As of me, I just want to eat.

SYD_9

Last week, a friend of mine from M'sia, Felix flew to Sydney for vacation and in respect of that, I brought him to places that deserve a visit. One of top-notch restaurant that warrants multiple visits is Löwenbräu Keller that serves a truly authentic Bavarian cuisine. On the night, Felix mentioned to me that he's lucky to have a friend like me who loves to eat, just like how he does. Well, who doesn't?

SYD_8
Jägerschnitzel - AUD29

Chicken Schnitzel, sitting on top of velvety mashed potatoes, was perfectly battered and deep fried to perfection, and lastly showered with mushroom sauce. The battered chicken was tender and the creamy mushroom sauce complemented it well.

Pork Knuckle (Lowenbrau)
Schweinshaxn - AUD33

Lowenbrau serves a huge, literally enormous oven-roasted pork knuckle and I absolutely salute Felix as he's able to gobble everything all by himself! *bows down* The meat, as usual, was succulent and juicy. However, the golden brown crackling was hard on the teeth and I'd expect a bit of chewiness. Though it's a delight to tear into pork knuckles, I'd always avoid fats. Scrap the glistening layer of fat and you'll see grease oozed out. Sinful eh? It's also served with Sauerkraut, Löwenbräu Bier sauce and mashed potatoes

Me
A litre Mango Weizen with mango juice - AUD21.20

What's German cuisine without German beer? Mango weizen is the only beer I'd order as it's an easy drinking beer. The wheat beer is enhanced with mango juice which creates an excellent fruit aroma beer. Of course, a litre for both of us is insufficient. If it wasn't because of my purse (Lost and found, phew!), I'd have ordered another litre!

And so, have you found your answer to the above-mentioned questions? I have found mine.

2 comments:

Taufulou said...

ahhh..one of the great place to go after for german food..

I celebrated my first octoberfest in this restaurant.. it was happening with ppl cheers around with those super jumbo jug!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, I have recently been searching for information about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered so far.

 
design by ai mei