Thursday, December 17, 2009

Healy Mac's @ Changkat Bukit Bintang

It was a holiday and Friday night when Lern had a craving after watching Man vs Wild, wild boar! The first choice was Bermuda & Onion but I did not want to have it for 3rd time aka so sick of it. Second choice was Werner's but unfortunately they don't serve pork.

@Changkat BB
At last, we landed at Healy's Mac, an Irish Bar and restaurant that serves beer, beef, lamb, seafood and most essentially, PORK!

A Pint of Guinness
A Pint of Guinness - RM20

Lern
His hobby of drinking guinness is back on track!

Seafood Carbonarra Spaghetti
Seafood Carbonara Spaghetti - RM33.00

I was never a big fan of any food that relates to creamy.As for this, prawn, bacons, parmesan cheese, rich cream and white wine blended so well with the springy and firm spaghetti. Me love it!! Besides the serving portion was really generous as we were given 7 fresh prawns. Though we were here for pork ribs, carbonara spaghetti simple stole the limelight. Honestly, I was very very much attracted to seafood carbonara spaghetti than pork ribs.
ps: I had it all by myself!

Roasted Pork Spare Ribs
Roasted Pork Spare Ribs - RM49

Pork Spare ribs are roasted in a rich dark bbq sauce until fork tender and the meat was remained moist and juicy. Scrumptious and no additional bbq sauce is needed! To be honest, I felt it's better than the pork ribs I've tried in B&O, Dave's, and Elcerdo.

Us
Three consecutive weeks of insufficient sleep yields a pale face :(

It's a great place to hang out but not recommended for dating though as it's an al-fresco and bar concept with noisy music played. I did feel awkward seeing people on my left, right and front were sipping their beer while I was having candle lite dinner with Lern. As a whole, the food was beyond my expectation but the limited choices was the letdown. Anyhow, I would definitely make another trip here for other fancier dishes, ie PORK KNUCKLE!

Reindeed
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes I agree the food was fantastic. We had the organic pork knuckle and it was the first time i really got a good taste of pork. I have been back there 3 times in the last week. It's simply the best! I love the balcony upstairs were u can watch the world go by and the service was very good Definetly a place to recommend to my friends!

Anonymous said...

Bermuda and Onion does not serve pork. There has either been a change of management or a change of menu. They have beef sausages. An abomination!

Jazz

Ai Mei said...

Linda, totally agree! I do love the ambiance and service, not forgetting the food served was yummy! A great to chill out but ain't recommended for dating. Prolly the next time I visit this place with boifee, it would be purely hanging out and for dinner, not candle lite dinner. Hehe

Jazz, why they don't serve anymore? I was thinking of having the wild boar spaghetti next week! URGHHHH!

Anonymous said...

I like browsing your website for the reason that you can always bring us fresh and awesome stuff, I feel that I should at least say a thank you for your hard work.

- Henry

 
design by ai mei