Saturday, July 11, 2009

I guess it'd better to start writing on my trip before my life gets hectic when uni commences and probably writing this way could make me feel better rather than thinking how depress it is to be without boyfriend. Cut it short, I am just feeling lonely at the moment. (Luckily Alice will be back by Wednesday) This is how fast time flies when you're having your holiday. Why can't time flies when uni starts?

Anyway, Auckland trip was okay to me despite we had nothing to do at night except locking ourselves in the room to watch movie on LCD teevee. We were given a complimentary upgrade to deluxe room a.k.a no business lah in which we could enjoy a bigger room, bigger toilet, LCD TV, and free internet connection.

We took Jetstar from Sydney to Auckland simply because it costs much cheaper, but cheaper would also mean causing you to suffer a major backache when the flight duration is freaking long! Can't expect much as we paid $150 for one way, neither would I want to think that it is an economy class!

Just before you visit New Zealand, it'd be better if you google on whether do you need a visitor visa.Apparently, Malaysians do not need a visitor visa as we are granted a 3 months visa. Silly me and Lern to have ticked "exemption from holding a permit" till the custom corrected us that it only applicable to King and Queen. We spells Jakun :P

IMG_002
That's Sydney!

IMG_001
The flight was horrible as I couldn't sleep well after reclining the seat and the lack of space to rest my legs till I need to invade Lern's territory :P. 3 hours of flight was disaster, and I don't think my initial plan to take Jetstar back to Singapore would ever be considered now. We arrived Auckland Airport at 3.30p.m and the first thing we did was grab our lunch!

IMG_0086
Kiwiburger from McDonald looks pretty extraordinary, but there's nothing special until you know Kiwiburger means 2 bread with beef patties and crisp lettuce.

Now we were all recharged, and next is to head to our hotel. The airport is located 45 minutes away from the city and I would recommend you to either catch airbus express that leaves airport every 15 minutes and it only costs $13 if you show your student card, or catch a shuttle bus which probably costs approximately $16-18. Cab would be a better choice for those who are not traveling light but the cab fare is a bomb! I kid you not, the fare is around $60-70! Hence, my advice is to travel light :)

IMG_003
Britomart station (Auckland's Central Station)

People often say, do homework before visiting and yet we didn't do much research as we thought Auckland would be a lively city but it isn't. We bumped onto my bed to rest awhile but we ended up sleeping until 8pm. Until we headed out to hunt for food at 9pm, most of the shops are closed. When I say dead, it is really DEAD!

IMG_004

IMG_005

IMG_009

IMG_006
Harbourside

We spotted Harbourside Seafood Bar & Grill but did not want to try it since the price is not attractive. But if anyone has tried it out, do let me know :) Who knows I would give it a shot on my next visit.

IMG_010

IMG_007

IMG_008
One thing I've observed is that the city doesn't have alot of tall buildings.

IMG_012
It was 9p.m but the street was already empty. DEAD PLACE!

IMG_011
As usual, cabs are everywhere.

IMG_014
I can't remember the name of this restaurant but it is located along Queen Street and they serve good food :)

IMG_013

IMG_015
The baked potato is unexpectedly tasty but I got sick of it after eating 50% of it.

IMG_001
Viaduct Harbour

Viaduct Harbour looks pretty beautiful in the brochure and website, but it isn't until you see it. However, Viaduct Harbour is Auckland's "superb" place to dine or relax and watch the world go by.

IMG_002

IMG_003

IMG_004
The Skytower

IMG_005

IMG_006

That's for today and the next post will be The Skytower. Here's the sneak preview of Skytower. Prolly you can google it first :)

Here comes the second night without him and i'm feeling much better after a long chat with Joe and Suanne at Max Brenner. I should have brought my camera since we ordered more than usual which has also caused me to suffer chocolate overdose :(

So long and good night :)

0 comments:

 
design by ai mei